Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stockholm - 1st time in Scandinavia

Just returned from another mini break, this time to Stockholm - you can never travel enough in my eyes! It was truly fabulous, the sun bathed us in rays all weekend and the sky was so blue against the archipelagos. The city is located on the water so it seems everyone has their own little boat to hop around the islands, the first day we arrived a Swedish guy came right up to the jetty in his speedboat and picked up a gorgeous blonde who hopped on in a killer heels - so smooth, as all the other girls looked on with envy.
Dave and I did our best to fit in but they are such a cool and hip nation, all blonde, tanned and beautiful - let's just say that the English missed out on some gorgeous genes somewhere in history - why didn't more Vikings invade us! We did find a lovely island called Djurgarden which was a little green island scattered with the odd amazing villa, museums, rose gardens, restaurants bike trails and all this only a few mins walk from the city centre.
My attempt at looking like I belonged with the beautiful people...

In terms of design, every second store seemed to be a home store - you could decorate your pad so beautifully, lots of nautical themes going on and each store was so well laid out, I could have spent hours in them but little bro had other plans so I will have to go back once again.

I even found my own boat....

So I recommend Stockholm as a romantic break, it has history, culture and oozes with style, stay in Ostermalm, which is the nicest part of town and great for getting around the other islands.

No comments: